Deacon Wally Jeffries opened today’s service with gratefulness and thankfulness of the events from yesterday, and a reading from Psalm 65:1-8. He said a prayer, then Worship Pastor Chris Wells led the gathered in song.
- Holy, Holy, Holy
- Here is Love
The time of Welcome and Fellowship was a time of blessing and gladness as Wells announced that he and his wife were expecting their first child. Hugs and handshakes were plentiful as everyone greeted each other and expressed their happiness to the Wells. Associate Pastor Chris Moss presented several announcements to close out the fellowship time.
- Ben Dockery preaching on Exodus 20-24 this morning
- Chris Wells preaching on Proverbs 5 tonight.
- The back parking lot will now be open on Wednesday evenings.
- Operation Christmas Child box packing on November 13th
- Collection for Freedom Center Ministries continue.
- Moss will speak with the congregation at New City Church tonight about the mission outreach.
- November 20, 2013 will be a joint service at Vine Street Baptist to prepare for delivery to FCM.
After Moss said a pastoral prayer, Wells read Hebrews 8:8-12 then led the congregation in music and worship
- Not in Me
- There is a Fountain
Deacon Gary Cook said a prayer before the offering plates were passed, then everyone sang Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) before the sermon.
Pastor Ben Dockery brought the next message in the Exodus sermon series. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|October 20, 2013||AM||Exodus 20:22-24:18||The Blood of God’s Covenant||Ben Dockery|
During a time of response and reflection, the congregation sang There is a Fountain, then the service was closed with a benediction reading from scripture.