Bright sunshine and cool temps brought many members and guests to Vine Street Baptist Church for worship.
The service opened when Deacon Donnie Aebersold read Psalm 119:137-144 and said a prayer. Worship Pastor Chris Wells encouraged the gathered to stand and sing songs.
- All Creatures of Our God and King
- I Will Glory in My Redeemer
A time of fellowship was given for everyone to welcome guests and give greetings to everyone. This was followed by Pastor Ben Dockery bringing everyone current in different activities and ministries of the church.
- Exodus sermon series continues: Exodus 25:1-31:18
- Souper Sunday tonight at 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall
- Business Meeting next Sunday night after Bible Study. Voting on 2014 Budget on the agenda.
- Pal-O-Mine luncheon on November 13, 2013. Program and fellowship at 10:30am, followed by lunch.
- Operation Christmas Child box packing on November 13th
- Collection for Freedom Center Ministries continue.
- November 20, 2013 will be a Fellowship Meal at Vine Street Baptist. Members of New City Church will join VSBC and bring items for the Freedom Center.
- Adopt-A-Student — Boyce & Seminary students have finals in November & December. Members are encouraged to ‘adopt’ one student and provide a few meals for them so they can focus on preparing for tests.
- A new lift will be installed to aide people getting from the bottom floor to the upper floors. Contributions to the new lift can be made by writing “Lift” on your check or envelope and dropping it in the offering plate.
Pastor Ben said a pastoral prayer before Seth Carter read Hebrews 8:1-6. This was followed by songs of praise.
- Your Name
- Revelation Song
Before the offering was collected, Deacon Joe Gross said a prayer. The congregation sang How Great is Our God while the plates were passed.
Pastor Ben Dockery brought the next message in the Exodus sermon series. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|November 3, 2013||AM||Exodus 25:1-31:18||God’s Dwelling Place||Ben Dockery|
During a time of response and reflection, the congregation sang How Great is Our God, then the service was closed with a benediction reading from scripture.