Guests and members of Vine Street Baptist Church came out to worship the Lord and learn from Scripture on this day in February.
The service began when Deacon Gary Cook read Psalm 95 and said a prayer. With his trusty ukelalee, Boyce student Doug Hanna lead the congregation in songs:
- Are You Washed in the Blood
- You Alone Can Rescue
Everyone spent several minutes in fellowship, then Hanna presented the announcements
- Today’s sermon covers 1 Timothy 3:8-16
- Tonight, we return to Sunday evening activities with Boyce student Josh Bertsch picking up our study in Samuel. He will cover chapter 19.
- A baby shower for the Hatcher family and the Carter family will be held on March 6th after morning worship.
- Pastoral concerns
After a prayer, Mary King read Luke 2:7-15, and singing continued.
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
- How Firm a Foundation
Deacon Donnie Aebersold prayed for the offering and the sermon, then Hanna played instrumentally while the tithe was collected.
Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders delivered today’s message. This was the next message in multi-part sermon series on the book of 1st Timothy. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|February 21, 2016 AM||1 Timothy 3:8-16||Deacon Qualifications||Brandon Saunders|
After the sermon, the last stanza of How Firm a Foundation was sung during a time of reflection, and Brandon closed with a benediction reading from Numbers 6.