After a day at the Bates’ farm for Fall Family Fellowship, members and guests returned to the Worship Center at Vine Street Baptist Church for a day full of worship and learning.
The service began with Deacon Joe Gross reading Psalm 147:7-20 and saying a prayer. Guest Worship leaders Kris and Emily Burns lead the gathered in worship songs:
- Jesus I Come
- There is a Fountain Filled With Blood
Senior Pastor Spencer Harmon took a moment to introduce Kris & Emily, then encouraged everyone to fellowship with one another. After several minutes, Spencer gave several announcements
- 2 Corinthians 3:1-6 as part of the series through 2nd Corinthians
- Trunk-or-Treat tonight at 6:00pm. Participants should arrive at 4;30 for setup
- Men’s Book Study will be held during the Sunday School hour in the Men’s classroom
- Pastoral concerns and prayer.
While the offering was collected, Kris & Emily taught an old, old song that was new to Vine Street, then led everyone through that song and another:
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
- O Great God
Mickie Bainter came to the platform and read today’s sermon scripture, then Spencer delivered today’s message.
Today’s message was the next in a series through the book of 2nd Corinthians. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|October 30, 2016 AM||2 Corinthians 3:1-6||New Covenant Ministry||Spencer Harmon|
After the sermon, everyone stood and sang How Deep the Father’s Love then Spencer read a benediction to close the service.