After a week of hot, humid weather outside, members and guests of Vine Street Baptist Church found comfort in the coolness of the building, while enjoying the abundant warmth of fellowship with one another.
The service began today when Deacon Betty Jeffries read Psalm 19:7-14 and said an opening prayer. Worship leaders Jacob and Jaime Hatcher asked everyone to stand and sing together.
- Send the Light
- I Saw the Light
Time was given for members to greet a number of guests, regular attendees and each other. Hugs and handshakes were brought to a close when Senior Pastor Spencer Harmon gave several announcements.
- No activities tonight due to the holiday
- Women’s Bible Study meets this Tuesday evening
- Men’s Bible Study meets this Friday morning
- Happy Father’s Day — a small gift if available after the service for fathers in attendance
- Pot Luck Dinner next Sunday evening to welcome the Concord Baptist Church Mission Team
- Beef Stew collection for Highland Community Ministries continues through July
- Pastoral concerns
Spencer said a pastoral prayer, then the ushers collected the offering. While the plates were being passed, Jacob spoke about his Fathers’ Day experience from last year and how it tied to a new song that everyone then sang together.
- Good, Good Father
- How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
Spencer returned to the platform to read today’s sermon text, then Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders delivered today’s message.
The sermon begins the Summer Stories sermon series. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|June 18, 2017||Matthew 13:1-23||The Sower||Brandon Saunders|
After the sermon, the congregation stood and sang Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, then Brandon closed the service with a benediction reading from scripture.