After a fun-filled day at the Family Farm Day, members and guests of Vine Street Baptist Church gathered to sing, worship, and learn from God’s Word.
The service began with Senior Pastor Spencer Harmon reading Psalm 103:1-14 and saying a prayer. Worship Pastor Jacob Hatcher led Soon and Very Soon, while Jaime Hatcher and Nolan Hodges accompanied.
After a time of greeting one another with hand shakes and hugs, Spencer gave several announcements.
- A Word of thanks to the Bates family for inviting everyone out to the farm.
- Person of Jesus study continues this evening with Jacob Hatcher leading.
- Other opportunities to pray and minister during the week.
- Trunk or Treat sign up continue.
- Bardstown Rd will be partially blocked this afternoon – make alternate arrangements to arrive tonight.
- Stay after service to help rearrange some of the Sunday School rooms.
Spencer said a prayer, then the ushers collected the offering while singing continued
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- Holy Holy Holy
- Spirit of the Living God
Member Mickie Bainter came to the front and read today’s sermon passage, then Spencer delivered today’s message.
Today’s sermon continues the sermon series through 2nd Corinthians. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|October 22, 2017||2 Corinthians 12:19-21||The Hands of Spiritual Authority||Spencer Harmon|
After the sermon, the congregation stood and sang How Deep the Father’s Love For Us during a time of reflection. Spencer closed the service with an invitation for anyone to speak to a pastor after the service about church membership, becoming a Christian, or to discuss today’s sermon. Spencer read a benediction from 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 then dismissed the group.