While the neighborhood was spared some unexpected snow in the area, those who live further away were still able to make it to Vine Street Baptist Church to enjoy the warm fellowship and to learn from God’s Word.
The service began with Josh McCarthy reading this week’s Advent passage, Isaiah 11:1-10, and lighting the second Advent candle. Jacob and Jaime Hatcher led the gathered in singing Go Tell it on the Mountain.
Everyone took a few minutes to greet one another, then Senior Pastor Spencer Harmon gave a few announcements.
- Person of Jesus study continues tonight, led by Jacob Hatcher
- Business Meeting tonight. All members are encouraged to attend
- Pal-o-Mine luncheon this Wednesday. Pot luck lunch and Christmas gift exchange. Event begins at 10:30am
- Christmas Eve Service . December 24, 2017 . 6:00pm . Garfield Avenue Baptist Church will join Vine Street Baptist again this year. Invite family and non-Christian friends to this candlelight service.
After a pastoral prayer, the ushers collected the offering while the congragation sang together.
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- O Come O Come Emmanuel
Deacon Betty Jeffries read today’s sermon scripture, and then Spencer delivered today’s message.
Today’s sermon continues the sermon series Fulfilled, an Advent Series. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|December 10, 2017||Isaiah 42:1-9||The Servant||Spencer Harmon|
After the sermon, everyone stood and sang What Child is This during a time of reflection.
Josh closed the service with an invitation for anyone to speak to a pastor after the service about church membership, becoming a Christian, or to discuss today’s sermon. He read a closing scripture and then dismissed the group.