January 19, 2020
In a time of false teaching, Paul reminds the church to turn to the cross.
In Galatians 5, Paul sets the scene for our passage by contrasting the things of the Spirit and the flesh.
- How are transgressions handled in our community? Through restoration.
- No one is exempt from stumbling in sin, you will stumble, and you will need restoration.
- The church is to restore those who stumble; this is done by confession in community.
- Confession and restoration are done in the community, but also in the Spirit. (All those who are spiritual)
- Restoration is to be done with gentleness.
- Transgression is handled through solidarity. Standing together.
- Solidarity with humility, and solidarity with Christlikeness.
- Walking by the Spirit is not meant to be done alone.
- The law of Christ. Love God and love others.
- Live in humility and solitude.
- False teachers were instilling pride in the Galatians, while elevating themselves as well.
- Do not compare yourself to others in order to think more highly of yourself.
Click here to listen to the sermon online. You can also subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Podcast, and other podcast catchers
- Galatians 6:1 - 5